- Saturday’s race will be Dylan Lupton’s first NASCAR start at Daytona International Speedway.
- The Wilton, California native made one ARCA Racing Series start at Daytona in 2016.
- 24-year-old Lupton has competed in one NASCAR superspeedway race, running the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Lupton is embarking on his second season with JGL Racing and will be making his 25th NASCAR Xfinity Series start.
- He is currently slated to run at least 21 NXS races in 2018 with the support of thinQ Technology Partners.
“With all of the recent changes at JGL Racing over the off-season, I’m eager to get down to Daytona. The crew has worked so many long hours over the winter to build a new car for Daytona, and I can’t wait to hit the track. The superspeedways are always exciting because it’s anyone’s race to win. We will just have to focus on staying out of trouble and positioning ourselves to not only gain stage points, but contend for the win as well. Even though this will be my first Xfinity start at Daytona, I am confident going in because of my past experience on superspeedways in the Truck Series and ARCA. I can’t thank James Whitener and thinQ Technology Partners enough for giving me the opportunity to pilot the No. 28 Ford Mustang at Daytona and beyond.”
About JGL Racing